Wednesday, January 11, 2012

8 Weeks!

Exactly 8 weeks from today, I will be running in my first Half-Marathon.

Geez. That's only 8 weeks from now. When I signed up, it seemed like an eternity away...but not anymore.

I have had some setbacks in the past month. Moving and the flu to be exact. I felt like giving up once or twice as I kept missing my long runs, but I quickly snapped myself out of it and returned to my "glass is half full" mentality...which always serves me well. I laced up my cute running shoes and started anew. Nothing stops Adrenaline!

This training is such a metaphor for life. It never goes as planned. Stuff always happens. Unexpected and sometimes unwelcome stuff. We set our course, but then it gets interrupted. It is all about how we choose to handle what happens that determines our success. We gotta go with the flow and keep going. When we are fully determined, we are fully unstoppable.

"Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." ~ Napoleon Hill

I can do it. I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment