Thursday, January 19, 2012

Forced Rest Sucks (kinda)

Well, guess who has a kidney infection?

Yeah, this runner girl.

I was really wondering why my blasted blood sugars had been so very high the past week. Good news is that I am on some strong meds to treat it, bad news is I am out for the count for a few days. Time to hydrate, hydrate, rest, and hydrate.

So, I am attempting to look at this temporary setback as a blessing in disguise. Time for me to really rest. Really.

This is just another sterling example of how life works. If I stress or obsess about how I am missing my training runs, it'll take me longer to recover. So, I'm going with it, spending an inordinate amount of time on Pinterest, reloading my iPod, listening to an insane amount of 80's music, reorganizing my desk, and other very important tasks like that... ahem.

Life happens. Mine and yours. Lets go with it and make the best of whatever comes our way.

Tomorrow is another day!

PS...find me on Pinterest...it's a ton of fun ~ http://pinterest.com/adriennedqw/

No comments:

Post a Comment