Saturday, August 13, 2011

Show up and Do It

I had an epiphany this morning while doing a 6 mile walk/run around my favorite lake.

Training is supposed to be hard. It is supposed to require me to learn something I've never learned before, and do something I've never done before. Hence the term, training.

And training my body is not easy. Running for longer periods of time is hard. It's dang hard! I was whining internally while running this morning and then the "duh" moment came. Oh yes, it is supposed to be a challenge, something to overcome, because I am training my body to do something new.

Duh, Adrienne.


My incredible trainer, Blitz, said: "There is no secret to super fitness. It's showing up and doing."

I am so pleased to report that I kept at it and ran longer than I have before. I focused my breathing and kept at it, and just ran. I showed up and I did it!

My lesson for the day:  show up, do it, and expect some discomfort. Accept it as all part of the transformation process. It will so be worth it!




"There is no secret to super fitness. It's showing up and doing." ~ Blitz Fit Now




No comments:

Post a Comment