Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tomorrow: 13.1

Tomorrow is the big day.

It's finally here, and I just wanna get to the start line and GO!

We picked up our bibs today, which was tremendously exciting...



It is still so odd to me that I am so excited about this event. I was thinking today about how much I have been transforming over the last 3 years. If you had asked me 5 years ago if I ever imagined I'd even think about running anywhere, I would've most assuredly laughed. I was never a girl who enjoyed PE in school! But now, here I sit, on the eve of my first half-marathon, and I couldn't be more giddy. I am now a runner. And I like it!

I have to admit, my major concern is not finishing last! Everyone assures me, "Oh, Adrienne, you're not gonna finish last!" But I still have my concerns! I just really want to finish and finish strong. I think I've prepared myself mentally for the arduous journey ahead of me tomorrow morning.  But, I'm sure there will be challenges that I never thought of, and I'm prepared for that too. In order to change, we must be challenged.

This is a first experience like none other. I've trained, and the training has been fun and exhilarating. Tough, for sure, but well worth it. I don't really wanna stop that. My husband has been my training partner, and a huge help. I jokingly refer to him as my running cabana boy. He carries some of my diabetic testing supplies and my margarita flavored shot bloks, makes sure I stay on pace, and puts up with my crazy singing (and crying!) during our runs. He can run faster than I can, but we'll be running it together, from start to finish tomorrow.

So, I've got my running clothes and shoes all set out, got my pouch packed with lipgloss, glucose tabs, meter, iPhone, and ID. My iPod is fully charged and loaded with some new music to keep me going, and finally, my nails are painted Sweet Tart Pink...

Wish me luck! And I'll see you after I cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment