Thursday, December 15, 2011

It Was Easier!

Running...

It was easier today, and I don't even have an easy button!

I have grown accustomed to running being hard. Very hard sometimes. I joked with someone the other day that I want a dang easy button in my Christmas stocking this year. You know, then I can just press it and voila! Running would magically be easy.

Well, today it actually was easier. It was easier because I have been training. Sticking to my Galloway Training Method. And holy crap...it worked! I felt lighter on my feet...almost like I was gliding on ice or something. Now, it wasn't a cake walk, to be sure, but I could most definitely tell it was getting better. I am even getting faster. 

This is terribly exciting because I am seeing my own improvement. I am feeling my own improvement.

So, on this December day, running was a bit easier than it had been...and that is a very good thing! I can only imagine how much better it will get as I continue with my training...

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection." ~     Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment