Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Heart Running

I'm uber thankful for running. In fact, I heart it.

It has done so much for me. When all else caves in, it's always there...a constant, lifting my spirits, helping to release stress, and help me feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile. So much has caved in recently, and frankly, I really don't know where I'd be if not for this crazy wonderful sport called running.

It has, and continues to transform me, mentally and physically. Like I've said before, it is my constant in a sea of change. When I run, I do more than just sweat physically. I get a mental cleansing as well. It's truly good for my soul.

Somedays its all I want to do! Yesterday I ran in the morning and I ran in the late afternoon. Part of that is because I want to get faster and leaner, but part of that is because I just want that incredible feeling that comes with a great run. The incredible sensation of putting on my skirt, tank, hot pink shoes, cranking up the iPod with my favorite new trance tunes, and hitting the pavement...sunshine on my face. It's the complete package. It's euphoric.

What else can I say? I just heart running...

No comments:

Post a Comment